Posted on Wed, Feb 3, 2016
Food for Thought
Volunteering With Food for Thought in February
Friday Night Lunch Packing
Every Friday, from 6pm-7pm, we pack 200 PB&J lunches at our location at 316 Adams Street on the second floor of the Trinity Episcopal Church. All ages are welcome to attend this event. Please let me know if there are any peanut allergies ahead of time and we can work to accommodate you!
- February 5th - All are welcome! We have no large groups signed up for this date, so bring friends, family, neighbors, anyone down to pack lunches and have fun giving back to your community!
- February 12th - We have one group signed up, so individuals and small groups are welcome to attend, but please email me to check for space if you intend on bringing 5 or more.
- February 19th & 26th - We have groups signed up for these dates, but individuals and small groups are welcome to attend!
Saturday Lunch Distribution
The lunches that we pack on Friday night are distributed in downtown Toledo on Saturday mornings during two routes, both of which meet at the Trinity Episcopal Church at 316 Adams Street. The first route meets at 9:45am and the second route meets at around 11am. You are welcome to attend one of both of the routes. We prefer ages 10+ for this event with adult supervision for kids under 15, as it takes place downtown and outdoors.
We have open spots on February 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th. We generally prefer groups of 8-15 for this event, but all are welcome to join.
Please RSVP to this event so we can expect you!
Mobile Food Pantries
- - Nova Faith () - 5105 Glendale Ave., Toledo, OH (2 volunteers needed)
- February 18th - Faith Community (10am-12pm) - 1201 South Byrne Road, Toledo, OH (2 volunteers needed)
- - New Harvest Church () - 3540 Seaman Road, Oregon, OH (2 volunteers needed)
Volunteers should expect to arrive 15 minutes early and stay 15 minutes late to help set up and break down the pantries.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you are interested in any of these events!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.